We are delighted to share the highlights of our participation in the Simec Aquafish 2024....
Adec Milas Aquaculture Facility
(Hatchery & Adaptation Unit & Ground Ponds)
ADEC’s Aquaculture Facility based on a land of 23.327 m2 in Milas/Bodrum, the facility consists of 6 different sections;
- Bore holes & Raw water treatment unit (Indoor/outdoor)
The facility has 5 different bore holes with various salinity range from 0 ppt to 25 ppt whereas 350 m3/h can be extracted from each bore hole.
- Hatchery for Marine species including;
- Live feed (Artemia & Rotifer) units
The facility consists of rotifer section with 20 billion rotifer stock and 5 billion rotifer enrichment; artemia section with 25 kg artemia enrichment and hatching. PP tanks with different diameters are used;
- Brood stock units
The facility consists of brood stock section with sea bass and meagre (Argyrosomus regius) brood stock, which are the current target production species. Depending on stocking, 150 kg of eggs are targeted to be taken from each brood stock tank. There are 8 brood stock tanks with a total capacity of 176 m3. In regard to bio security two brood stock tanks are operate by one RAS where as there 4 different RAS.
- Incubation units
The aim of this section is to provide the care processes of the eggs taken from the brood stock until the hatching stage for each species. Photoperiod and thermoperiod for each species are targeted in this section. Egg care in this section is completed in maximum 5 days until hatching is completed.
- Larvae units
Stocking is done with a species target stocking density. Larvae stocked in this section are taken to the adaptation section after being kept for a maximum of 30 days. For each species, a different larvae care duration is applied. In each 30-day period, although it varies according to the species, a total of 7.5 million fingerlings can be transferred into the adaptation section (per batch). This section consists of 6 polyethylene tanks and 6 polypropylene tanks. In regard to bio security, three larvae tanks are operated by one RAS whereas there are 4 different RAS in this unit.
- Hatchery for Salmonids including (Indoor);
- Incubation units
This section consists of a total of 20 cabinets and 400 trays. This section is designed for both closed system and open system operation in order to provide suitable temperature and oxygen conditions. A total of 3.2 million eggs can be stocked at once (per batch), with a maximum of 8000 eggs per tray. After the eyed eggs are stocked in this section, they stay for 16-18 days depending of the age of eyed eggs (Day*degree) whereas eyed eggs generally received and introduced into incubators around 235-day degree. This unit is monitored and controlled by PLC program whereas the temperature are kept stable by heaving dedicated heat pumps. The renewal water is filtered through mechanical filtration (AFM) units with a precision of 1 micron and UV sterilization dose of 200 mj/cm2. Oxygen is automatically dosed through oxygen cones whereas the oxygen levels at the outlet of the incubators are maintained above % 80.
- Larvae units & Pre grow out
This section consists of a total of 28 PP tanks with and three closed (7+7+14) systems. The production starts with 10 kg/m³ stock density and finishes with 35-40 kg/m³ after 30 days rearing period. This section can be operated both with closed system and flow through system. In both applications, the infrastructure has been established to provide the desired conditions. Each RAS is equipped with mechanical filtration (AFM) with precision of 1 micron, UV sterilization dose of 200 mj/cm², MBBR dedicated to remove TAN and oxygen dosing system via oxygen cones and temperature are kept stable with dedicated heat pumps. The renewal water is also filtered through mechanical filtration (AFM) units with a precision of 1 micron and UV sterilization dose of 200 mj/cm². Retention in tanks can be reduced until 20 minutes for self-cleaning impact by each RAS.
- Adaptation facility for fingerlings (Indoor)
The facility consists of adaptation section with a total of 30 PP coated race way tanks, with a water volume of 42 m³. The overall water volume of the Unit is 1260 m³, Based on a stocking density of 50 kg/m³, 10 million fingerlings of 5 gr BW can be reared in this unit in each batch. 5 tanks are being operated by one RAS, whereas there are 6 RAS operate 30 tanks, each RAS is equipped with drum filter, sump, AFM filter, UV filter, protein skimmer, MBBR respectively, being able to provide tanks %100 turnover per hour per tank. Renewal water (water change) is 5% per hour.
- Grow out ponds with geo membrane covered (Outdoor)
In the facility there are 9 grow out ponds whereas each pond has a surface area of 1200 sq meters and depth of 2 meters. Three of the grow out ponds are coated with Geo membrane.
Licensed annual production capacity for fingerlings;
- 19.000.000 Fingerlings of Trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss) per year
- 20.000.000 Fingerlings of Marine Species per year;
- Sea Bass (Dicentrarchus labrax)
- Sea Bream (Sparus aurata)
- Meagre (Argyrosomus regius)
- Common Dentex (Dentex dentex)
- Blue Spotted Sea Bream (Pagrus caeruleostictus)
- Pink Dentex (Dentex gibbosus)
- White Grouper (Epinephelus aeneus)
- Amberjack (Seriola dumerili)
- 80 tons of Grow out per year;
- Trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss)
- Sea Bass (Dicentrarchus labrax)
- Milas Aquaculture Facility is the first and only combined closed-circuit and RAS hatchery, nursery, and one and only RAS adaptation facility in Türkiye.
- All the larvae tanks are made of food grade PP.
- All the brood stock tanks are made of food grade PP.
- All the raceway tanks in adaptation unit are covered by food grade PP.
- Milas Aquaculture Facility has 5 different bore holes whereas water with different salinity is being extracted ranging between 0 ppt to 25 ppt.